We packed up.
Ben said it was a great space to engineer and the group was very very tight.
I think it was a triumphant display of human spirit as well as talent. We shared something intense and I have no words to address that tonight.
Well done. Let’s rest. Drink Water and then more water. Ni ni.
Today is the day. I hope this finds everyone calm and well. Hopefully your subconcious hasn’t taken on full responsibility for your worries and delivered you unto a night of terrifying dreams of snapping guitar strings, absent choirs, naked bodies and random intruders. Hopefully that was just me.
If you have been practicing heaps well done and good on you. Please stop now and relax.
If you are more of a last minute person and here for the first time please scroll down, note the edits, read the ideas and check out any of the sound files that might help.
No spectators tonight please…just us. Enjoy your day. If you only watch ONE of the YouTube videos please make it the General Message. 😁
Here we are….the day before. We are on the precipice of our recording.
I reflect on what I can say that is useful. Maybe I will say 4 things.
- Silent practise is valid. Singing in your head is a great restful way to rehearse. If you can hear your own voice in your head then you will quickly become aware of any problem areas as you sing silently as you lie in bed, water garden etc
- Hydration is great for the voice and the mind. Start now for tomorrow night. Unfortunately it will be hot.
- Bring to mind our beginnings and endings workshop time. If you imagine starting a song as akin to walking into a room then walk in confidently. Neither burst through the door nor peek around the corner. Walk in smiling and feeling magnificent.
- Spend 10 minutes today (if you can) planning your evening tomorrow because running late can feel stressful. Maybe you need a snack before you leave, a water bottle or your glasses. Maybe your coolest top is on the line or not ready. Niggling logistics…let’s tick them off.
That will do for today. Don’t hesitate to ask me your questions…I honestly don’t mind and I enjoy them. I am calm, relaxed and ready…happy to help anyone in need.
Sleep well 😀
Today’s message is the news I went shopping. The guitar was a bit soft for people to hear so to celebrate the 40th birthday of Music Workshop I bought a fabulous wireless small Pa. Now I can play gently and you can hear easily….at all groups and sessions. Yippee
Hello Singers – fantastic rehearsal last night. Today I have three little tips that might be of use.
- In the high part of BIG LOVE there is contention about whether to sing the words “I want a …I need a…” etc at the beginning of lines 2 and 3 in the verse. At one rehearsal I said not to because people seemed to find it a bit much after the echo. If some of you do it and some don’t it will fine. The notes sung sound great and it’s not bad if they are missing in some voices – so do what you have been doing.
- I have been listening to my original recordings of “H-a-a-a-py” in the bridge of In Good Hands….I didn’t do the little notes that fall down “H-a-a-a-py-ee-ee” – they SHOULD be in there.
- Rex – from one of our HIGH PODS is a kind and technical man. He chose to spend this 43 degree day layering all the versions of me singing every song – in every part – together so that you can hear all the parts at the same time. If you would like to – you could sing your part along to the entire song with all parts in. How cool is that? Thanks Rex. Every now and then you can hear the timing isn’t spot on but it’s pretty good given I wasn’t planning to have them layered up like this. Follow this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fmtgdol76xjomuy/AAB9rVBjF8D3BFc19Aetg16ea?dl=0
WED 23 JAN 9:30pm Hello Everyone – I can see that this page has had more visits today that the entire year 2018 so I know you are a) practising and/or b) looking for those You Tube Clips I promised. Thankyou.
I did my absolute best to get them done today but like all of us – life was occurring. I have just finished them now so here is a link to a general message. The videos listed below might be useful for you – they may not. They are there as an ASSISTANCE not an EXPECTATION. We can all only do our best. They will be uploading for the next hour I imagine (it’s 9:30pm) so what isn’t there yet is coming. Time for Dinner. See you all tomorrow. 🙂
We are going incredibly well! If you are feeling slightly daunted and if it feels a little bit full on then we are right on track. We’re on our way to the wonderful summit. My confidence, faith and energy are strong and deep.
Below is the plan for Week 3 and a page that highlights the 6 LYRIC EDITS identified in rehearsal.
The corrections below were updated at 10pm on 21/01/19
This is why I feel so very proud. 15 minutes into tonight’s session we sounded like this and please just bask in the finesse of our collaboration! It was poetry…thanks everyone.
BIG LOVE LOW
BIG LOVE MELODY
BIG LOVE HIGH
I WANT TO MEET YOU LOW
I WANT TO MEET YOU MELODY
I WANT TO MEET YOU HIGH
I’LL TRY LOW
I’LL TRY MELODY
I’LL TRY HIGH
IN GOOD HANDS LOW
IN GOOD HANDS MELODY
IN GOOD HANDS HIGH
UP IN LIGHTS LOW ONE
UP IN LIGHTS LOW TWO
UP IN LIGHTS MELODY
UP IN LIGHTS HIGH
There will be four rehearsal opportunities. You need to attend a minimum of two in order to participate. If you can attend three that would be ideal. You are welcome to attend all four. I scheduled a fourth to improve access for people away on holidays.
Remaining rehearsals are Tues 22 Jan 6pm-7:30pm and Thurs 24th 6pm-7:30pm
The recording date is Wednesday 30 January 2019 from 6pm sharp – 8pm.
A historical, sandstone building boasting stunning stained- glass windows will acoustically celebrate our voices. On the corner of McKillop and Moorabool Streets Christ Church will open it’s doors for us for each rehearsal and for the recording. The church is easy to find and there is abundant parking easily accessed from the McKillop Street entrance. (Please note the only way to enter and exit the carp park is via McKillop Street but there is plenty of space for us all).
There will be six songs rehearsed and recorded: Big Love, I Want to Meet You, Breathe, I’ll Try, Up in Lights and In Good Hands. Many of you know some or all of these which will assist in the entire group learning each song completely. On the Summer Recording Page of belindamcardle.com you can find the song lyrics and recordings of each part of each song. Listening to these in between rehearsals will help you to feel really well prepared if you wish to access them. It can also be handy for singers to use their phones to record parts of the rehearsals – you are welcome to do this.
The flat fee for access to the project is $80 (whether you come to 3, 4 or 5 sessions). This includes your commemorative copy of the CD. I understand it is holiday time and not all of these dates will work for everyone but I reiterate that 3 rehearsals is ideal, 2 acceptable and 4 welcome. If you can only make 2 I encourage you to make use of the online practise files. Please make sure you are able to attend the recording on Wednesday 30 January from 6pm sharp.
After recording there will be a mixing, mastering and production process. The launch of the CD will be at PAKO FESTA on Saturday 23rd February at 3:45 on the Channel 7 Stage. On this day I aspire to present you all with your commemorative copy of the CD which we will perform for the world to enjoy.
Thanks for being a part of this project. It is really exciting. I am so proud of the way we all connect and sound so beautiful together. To capture this forever will be very rewarding.
Register now to be part of a recording project. (Comment field isn’t really required. Just say hello if you like.)